What is GATE Exam ?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) is an examination that test the theoretical knowledge and the numerical ability of students about various undergraduate subjects of Engg & Science. It tests both technical & non- technical ( Reasoning + English ) ability of the students.
Benefits of GATE Exam
- GATE score is used to get admissions in various reputated Institutes like IISC, IITs , NITs , etc. for Post Graduate programs with stipend provided by MHRD & other various Government agencies.
- Many PSUs also recruit candidates through GATE score/ marks for the position of Management trainee or Engineer trainee.
GATE 2019 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- AGE LIMIT :- There is no Age Limit for GATE Applicants.
Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2020, which are enumerated in given below:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programms
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD as equivalent to BE/B. Tech; those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- There is no minimum pass percentage in the qualifying degree while applying for GATE 2020.